JobFitts Consultants deals with information privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
By accessing JobFitts Consultants’ website(s) and/or submitting your personal information to JobFitts Consultants through any means, you consent to us using, holding or disclosing this information in accordance with this Policy.
JobFitts Consultants offers recruitment services, human resource outsourcing and outplacement services. We will, during the course of providing these services, collect personal information directly from you through our application and registration process, interviewing, reference checking and other activities. Often your personal information is collected through the use of JobFitts Consultants’ website or in response to JobFitts Consultants’ printed and online advertisements. There may be occasions when JobFitts Consultants will source personal information from an external third party, or a publicly available source. In these circumstances, reasonable steps will be taken by JobFitts Consultants where practicable to inform you that it has collected personal information from the third party.
The type of personal information we collect, and use will depend on various factors such as the type of services you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. This may include, but is not limited to, collection and use of the following kinds of information:
- Contact – information that allows us to communicate with you (e.g. e-mail, social media contact details, address, telephone number).
- Identity – information that allows us to identify you (e.g. name, date of birth, occupation, and government-issued identification).
- Professional – information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications, professional or other memberships, talents, skills and abilities and career objectives (e.g. references, resume and qualification documents).
- Other individuals – information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself (e.g. previous employer and referees).
- Immigration – information that allows us to verify that you are legally permitted to work (e.g. evidence of citizenship, visa or work permit documents).
Use of Personal Information
The primary purpose for us collecting your personal information is to allow for JobFitts Consultants to provide its services, including without limitation:
- Distribute job alerts to job seekers;
- Contacting prospective employers on behalf of a prospective employee;
- Develop resume and profile talent pools that are marketable to prospective employers;
- Administer and improve this website;
- Enable your access to and use of the website services;
- Engage in permission-based marketing;
- Send you marketing communications;
- Market affiliated products.
By providing us with any personal information voluntarily via our website, application or registration processes you will be understood by us to be giving consent to this information being viewed by us and our clients. Such information may be saved by us and the user may be contacted as a result.
We will only disclose your personal information when:
- It is reasonably necessary for one of the purposes described above;
- Having regard to the nature of the information or the circumstances of collection, we believe you would expect us to use the information or make the disclosure;
- We are required or authorised by law or court or tribunal to do so; and/or
- You have provided your consent.
Disclosing your Personal Information to Third Parties
JobFitts Consultants may use and disclose your personal information to third parties for the purposes it was collected, or for related or ancillary purposes such as providing you with one of our services. Accordingly, JobFitts Consultants may disclose your personal information to a number of third parties (located in Australia and overseas), including but not limited to:
- JobFitts Consultants’ related entities;
- Prospective employers and clients;
- Your nominated referees;
- Clients who may wish to engage your services as an employee or contractor;
- JobFitts Consultants’ suppliers or service providers, including (but not limited to) organisations that conduct competency or psychometric tests or payroll processing services on behalf of JobFitts Consultants background verification companies, such as CVCheck and Referoo;
- Any government authority or law enforcement body, including the police; or
- Any educational or vocational organisations to the extent necessary to verify your qualifications.
When we provide services, such as this website, we want to make them as useful as possible. When delivering services over the internet it is common practice to store small amounts of information on your computer or phone. This information is stored by your web browser in small files called cookies. Cookies serve several possible purposes, including:
- to speed up websites by avoiding sending the same information every time;
- to measure general usage of the website to help us improve our website and other services;
- to recognise returning visitors so we can highlight new/changed information since your last visit.
There are two main types of cookies, namely first party and third party:
- First party cookies – these are our own cookies, controlled directly by us and used to provide information about general usage of our site.
- Third party cookies – these are cookies used by other companies’ tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Google Analytics and Facebook Like buttons have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
You can block/remove cookies using your browser settings.
JobFitts Consultants may collect and use the following types of personal information:
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website;
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services; and
- Any other information that you send to JobFitts Consultants.
Securing your Data
JobFitts Consultants will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on a cloud-based database, Bullhorn. For further information on how Bullhorn secures their database, please go to https://www.bullhorn.com/au/privacy/. Your personal information may also be stored in hard copy documents or electronically on our software or systems.
When no longer required, personal information held by us is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Our website may contain links to other websites. JobFitts Consultants is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Access and correction
You have a right to access and amend or correct, your personal information in certain circumstances. If you have a query about access or the amendment of your personal information, please contact us.
How to contact us about privacy
Level 26, 44 Market Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Tel: (02) 9920 3595
Fax: (02) 9220 3526
You can also obtain further information from the Privacy Commissioner’s web site, http://www.privacy.gov.au/